Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Mixed Signals

The Axe and Dove controversy surrounding the Unilever company is very interesting.

I agree that the Axe ads are over the top and degrading. And, I will also be the first to admit that I was one of the first ones to praise Dove when I saw their ads about true beauty. In fact, I remember after the first time I saw the ad, I went off about how excited I was to see a beauty product portray women in a positive light. I am always commenting on how young girls have such a misconstrued idea of what it is to be beautiful, and I usually place the blame on the media. However contradictory the company is in the two ad campaigns, I think they should continue on with Dove ads because they are among the very few that project positive images into the minds of viewers!

No comments: